Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trouble Man-Reflections

Trouble Man Reflections

Trouble Man is a short documentary that looks at a segment of the life of Tyrone Dixon, a young impressionable filmmaker, husband and parent. The experience of Hollywood and its dramatic rollercoaster ride can try anyone’s nerves including Tyrone, who shares his testimony about that rollercoaster experience. This is a story of losing faith and regaining faith all in the name of family.

I intended to do something very different, the inside story of a beauty queen, but the footage was left behind and I didn’t have time to send for it. I had to tell a story that I knew. I wanted to get a real understanding of how I could use this process (creating short narratives) as a tool in the development of my future in media psychology. I enjoy sharing and feel that this experience was emotionally engaging for not just me but maybe for others as well.

When I think of who my audience is for this project, I keep thinking of anyone who has fallen and had to pick him or herself up and keep moving. I’m attempting to reach anyone who strives to make his or her dreams come true. I intended to reach a wide variety of young people from those who are affected by pop culture to those who are affected by the CNN culture. According to the input I have received from others who have watched the film, I do believe I reached them with the underlying story of the importance of faith. I do think the honesty and the clarity of the project allows for the audience to transport themselves into the story and that is where the connection happens.

I chose the documentary format because I felt it was the best way to get my story across. It was a real challenge to make a narrative about myself and keep it authentic and beneficial to those who may choose to experience it. I believe that this project works and I feel confident that others will be able to appreciate the effort on many levels.

It was important for me to really understand the benefit of having clarity when sharing the story core and the story map. In the future the story core and story map will always be the starting point of the development of any new media I create. I had a process that I used before that was a more complicated process of writing. I really appreciate the story spine table and will continue to use the spine as the basis of creating my treatments. The simplification of the process is the most important thing I have learned by doing these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment