Saturday, March 19, 2011

Trouble Man- Script

Script- Interview with Tyrone Dixon and stock footage

Title: Trouble Man

Open with footage of “8 Wheels And Some Soul Brotha Music” / Reelz Channel – Set Up-Music Cue

Tyrone Interview: After making 8 Wheels And Some Soul Brotha Music, life in the movie business was great. I sacrificed for two years to get this movie made and it was worth it. When I made that movie Hollywood opened its doors to me. I produced the moved Roll Bounce. It was a really cool experience.

Show Footage of Roll Bounce/ Reelz Channel interview of Tyrone

Show Footage of Jamaica- Lazarus Film

Tyrone Interview: After the success of Roll Bounce and 8 Wheels, Hollywood opened its doors to me. I was making videos, consulting as a producer and many other things. I was attached to direct a major motion picture called Lazarus, which was to be a Jamaican Gangster film. Preston Holmes, Dwight Williams and Jim Fishman were producing and it looked like we were close to making this film.

Intercut – Footage of wife and son being born

Tyrone Interview: My new wife and my new son completed the perfect picture. Life was good. I just knew it was going to continue. Tyrone Interview: As we all know Hollywood is a full of drama. Just when I thought things were great, there was a strike.

Show Footage of Strike- Many people protesting – Music Cue

It did not come at a great time. The country was going through it’s own ills. The economy dipped and gas was skyrocketing.

Show b-roll of news clip demonstrating unemployment

Tyrone Interview: I almost lost my mind trying to figure out how to hustle up work and keep things happening. But, soon after that my father died.

Show b- roll of father’s funeral – music cue

Tyrone Interview: I did lose my mind.

Show Footage form movie “ Barfly” to demonstrate Tyrone’s state of mind.

Tyrone Interview: At that time it was really tough. It created a strain on my marriage and financial strain. I did not what I was going to do.

Show footage/ b-roll of Church service discussing faith

Tyrone Interview: One day I got a phone call from a good friend inviting me to Living Waters of The San Fernando Valley, a new church. I had nothing else to do, I had nothing to lose, and I went. And I am so glad that I did.

Intercut- more footage of church sermon

Music Cue

Intercut – footage of family

Tyrone Interview: Going to church brought me back closer to my faith and gave me an opportunity to appreciate what’s in my life. I had to get it together and understand this was not the end of the world. My father lives through my relationship with my son. Things started to come back in place for me. I got a phone call to teach, to be a college professor. That was a wonderful experience. It was great to get that call I felt validated. Soon after that I got involved with the CAA Museum. They wanted to put my movie and my experiences with roller-skating in the museum. Life is about ups and downs. At the end of the day the things that don’t change that will all ways be there because they love you not because you make movies but because of whom you are, your family. My son does not care whether I make a movie or not, he cares about me being here for him and the rest of my family. Life is about those pleasant joys, children. I hope that God continues to bless me with opportunities to make films but more importantly I just want to grow with my family and grow in faith. I am really happy where I am right now.

Close with footage of Jackson saying “see you later”.

No comments:

Post a Comment